Sunday, March 28, 2010

Recipe

This restaurant on the UWS has a successful combination of cuteness, class and food creativity. The railroad style space requires reservation making but the homey feeling is worth being a lil squished. The bar was full of UWS mommies catching up and the 5 dinner tables were full with a quick, well planned turn-over policy requiring you to promptly leave after paying... I guess that is part of the tiny restaurant experience. I had a delicious whole market grilled Branzino fish that I throughly dissected. My girlfriends had a wonderful pomegranate rib eye and grilled sole. All of our main courses were beautifully presented and delicious. The only portion needing modification was a side of extremely over cooked, bland looking, bitter tasting vegetables. The uneven ratio of lemon rind to vegetable might have been the problem. That is the only thing I will be avoiding in the future.
For dessert we had a two scoops of marscapone gelato and nectarine sorbet. They were as good as they sound.
The waitstaff could use a lesson in courtesy but otherwise it was a wonderful night with friends. I give it a B+

No comments:

Post a Comment