Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cava

Last night I enjoyed some tapas at Cava on the upper west side. Although I have walked by it a number of times and never gone in, last night I eagerly skipped there for some free dining through a promotional company.
My friend and I ordered steak kabobs with a chicken tamale and a chorizo and shrimp medley on bread with goat cheese. Both were warm and flavorful. I would definitely go back to Cava for either dish- unfortunately the wine we ordered was terrible. I ordered white and my friend ordered red and after tasting each other's we decided they were quite possibly out of a box of Franzia. Don't get me wrong, Franzia is great for the occasional holiday sweater party or girl's sleepover but at a nice restaurant charging $12 a glass? No thank you. I would rather sip water.

Bottom line- I give it a B- for overall dining. And yes, if another company wants to give away tapas and bad wine, I'll be the first one in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment