Friday, July 13, 2012

Essential Oils

Therapeutic essential oils have recently become a part of my life. They have enhanced my daily routine in a number of ways but have also presented an interesting component to my cooking. Periodically I am going to write about one oil, including the health benefits, cooking ideas and tips for use.

Today: Lavender

Lavender is known for its calming properties and soothing affects. I originally started putting Lavender on my wrists before bed to relax but have recently found ways to add the oil to food. I put a few drops in frosting to make a delicious summer cupcake flavor that is subtle and lovely. I also found that cucumber water is delicious enhanced with Lavender oil. The only safe way to consumer oil is if it is certified therapeutic grade essential oil. The only company that I trust is called Young Living. They have been around for a decades and have a wonderful reputation. I will keep testing recipes and update what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment