Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cheryls vs. Abigails

Comparing any restaurant to Cheryl's Global Soul is unfair but after my breakfast at Abigail's, I must. My friends and I decided to ditch our usual weekend brunch spot at Cheryl's and try something new. We went to Abigail's thinking it would be a fun spot to try because it is right in our neighborhood. Big mistake. There's no need to go into detail about the not so great aspects of our 2 hour brunch so I will skip it and just talk about the one good discovery- popovers! I forgot about those delicious lil guys and was overjoyed to see them on the menu. It was warm, fluffy and oh so good. If I ever go back, I am going to order a baker's dozen and leave.

Cheryl's is the go-to brunch spot in Crown Heights. It always has a line out the door, great service and even better food. Between my group of friends, we have easily tried everything on the menu, including the specials. With this much experience at Cheryl's I can safely say that the buttermilk pancakes are the way to go. And if the outstanding food wasn't enough, first coffee and mimosa are free. Can't beat that.
Team Cheryl for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment