Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cafe Boulud

Last night I ate at Cafe Boulud. It is a beautiful restaurant on the upper west side known for it's liver pates. We started with two different kinds of pate that were infused with bacon, cheese and various other meats and delicacies. I would never order pate myself so having a small taste of this well made, high quality appetizer was a treat. For the main course I had trout with browned butter, almonds and the most delicious roasted cauliflower. It was very garlicky but also had a wonderful sweet aftertaste like honey..... Can't explain the sweetness but it was wonderful. For dessert we had a play on pb and jelly with a peanut butter and chocolate torte and a concord grape jelly and sorbet. The sorbet was the only part worth ordering again. It was delicious and I'm sure it was made that day with fresh seasonal concord grapes! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment