Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dairy

Ok so after ten days of no dairy, I caved.
I really had no noticeable change in any aspect of my life that encouraged me to continue this life of deprivation. haha
I went to a tiny Italian restaurant, Max, in the East village last night. Amongst the chaos, foreign waiters, and good company, I was lulled into a steamy hot cast iron bowl of lasagna. Best decision of my life. Hot ricotta has never tasted so good.
This restaurant is now my new favorite Italian place. With $10 entrees, fresh ingredients, and simple mouth-watering appetizers like the garlic-infused bruschetta, you can't go wrong. Just make sure to get there before 8 otherwise you can expect to wait.

One benefit of the ten day no dairy mission was my new awareness of the amount of dairy I consume as well as great meal options without any dairy. I also discovered a hidden treasure- soy ice cream! I am tempted to make a statement that it is better than real ice cream but that feels wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment